Cole Cuypers went 2 for 4 with two RBI, and Anthony Ho’okano drove in a run on a double, all in the fourth inning as the Evergreen baseball team beat Camas 3-2 Wednesday in the 4A/3A Greater St. Helens League.
It was just Evergreen’s second win of the season, while Camas suffered just its second loss.
With two outs in the top of the fourth, Evergreen strung together four hits in a row starting with Trevin Livingston’s single and followed by Shane Newell’s single.
Ho’okano then doubled to score Livingston, and Cuypers singled to bring home Newell and Ho’okano.
Camas got its two runs in the bottom of the inning on sacrifice flies by Drew Hancock and Wyatt Olsen.
Camas (6-2) would only get one more runner to second base the rest of the game.
Evergreen was also shut down offensively as Camas pitcher Ethan Hubbell finished with nine strikeouts in five innings of relief.
RIDGEFIELD 71, SETON CATHOLIC 48 — Ty Snider scored 11 of his 19 points in the third quarter as Ridgefield built up a 20-point lead on its way to the victory. Henry Hughes had 16 points, and Juelz Mendoz scored 11 off the bench for the Spudders. Naol Abu had 16 points for Seton Catholic.
LA CENTER 62, COLUMBIA 43 — The Wildcats raced out to a 20-4 lead after the first quarter and didn’t look back.
Gianna D’Emilio had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds to go with four steals. Kylee Stephens also had 16 points along with five rebounds and five assists, and Alyse Webberley had 14 points and seven rebounds.
KING’S WAY CHRISTIAN 54, GOLDENDALE 40 — Laurel Quinn made six of the Knights’ 11 3-pointers on her way to a game-high 24 points in the victory over visiting Goldendale. Abby Cummins had 17 points with 5 3s and seven rebounds, and Lisa Hartwich eight points, eight rebounds, and three blocks for King’s Way.
Stars of the day
- McKenzie Sparano, Skyview girls bowling, had a 687 series (220-226-241) as the Storm posted a 2,418 to beat Prairie’s 2,078.
- Tyson Lindemood, Battle Ground baseball, went 4 for 4 with an RBI and scored three runs as the Tigers won at Union 11-5.
- Addie MacPherson and Skylar Groesbeck, Skyview softball, both went 3 for 4 with Groesbeck hitting two doubles, and MacPherson one double with two RBI and also pitched a five-inning three-hitter in a 12-1 win over Heritage.
- Rose Ugbinada, Fort Vancouver girls bowling, had a 635 series with games of 202 and 245 in the victory over Ridgefield.
- Andres Bejar and Carlos Velasquez, Evergreen soccer, each had a goal and two assists in the Plainsmen’s 5-1 win at Kelso.
- Kadence Burleson, Evergreen softball, hit two home runs and had five RBI among the Plainsmen’s 14 hits in an 18-5 win at Camas.
- Liv Gruenberg, Battle Ground softball, knocked in the tying run in the top of the seventh and brought home two of the Tigers’ three runs in the eighth with a hit in the 4-1 win at Union.