Shaela Bradley scored three goals as the La Center girls soccer team took a big step toward the 1A Trico League title with a 5-3 win over King’s Way Christian on Thursday.
Madisen Newbery added a goal and an assist for La Center, which improved to 5-0 in league play and 7-1 overall.
King’s Way, second place in the Trico League, fell to 5-4 overall and 3-2 in league.
Stars of the day
- Lizzy Andrew, Ridgefield volleyball, had a team-high 13 kills as the Spudder swept Hockinson. Ridgefield improved to 11-0 and has not dropped a set this season.
- Kaia Lauder, Seton Catholic girls soccer, scored the eventual winning goal in a 2-1 win over Columbia-White Salmon.
- Ella Conklin, Prairie volleyball, had 12 digs and 11 kills as the Falcons beat Heritage in four games.
- Ellie Ritter, Hockinson girls soccer, scored a golden goal from well outside the 18-yard box as the Hawks beat Woodland 1-0 in overtime.
- Avery Seigel, Columbia River girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win over Washougal.
- Ella Schoene, La Center volleyball, had 18 kills and 16 digs as the Wildcats rallied for a four-set win over King’s Way Christian.
- Avery Schilling, Union girls soccer, scored twice in a 9-0 win over Heritage.
- Audrey Dizon, Mountain View girls soccer, scored two goals in a 4-0 win over Prairie.