Any golfer would take a nine-hole round of 32 any day of the week.
Camas’ Eli Huntington did it twice in three days.
Huntington fired his second 4-under-par 32 at Camas Meadows on Wednesday for medalist honors against Ridgefield.
Huntington had four birdies and five pars in his round to match his score from Monday against Columbia River, also at Camas Meadows.
The Camas boys golf team beat Ridgefield in the non-league match 149-187.
Also of note, Easton Rheaume had an even-par 36, and Evan Chen was 2-over with a 38 for the Papermakers.
Cruz Combs was the low golfer for Ridgefield with 41.
Stars of the day
- Joran Lamoreaux, Woodland boys cross country, ran away with the 5,000-meter race, posting a time of 16:53.9 to win by more than a minute on his home course to lead the Beavers to a team win over Fort Vancouver and Hudson’s Bay.
- Dani Buttrell, Fort Vancouver girls cross country, won the 5,000-meter race at Woodland by 10.1 seconds with a time of 21 minutes, 14.3 seconds as the Trappers ran to a team victory.
- Jeffrey Truong, Fort Vancouver boys tennis, posted a 6-2, 6-2 victory at No. 1 singles against Ridgefield to remain undefeated on the season.
- Joseph Blanshan, La Center boys cross country, won the 5,000-meter race on his home course with a time of 17:26.1.
- Lauren Fox, La Center girls cross country, won the 5,000-meter race in 21:18.9 against runners from Castle Rock, Seton Catholic and King’s Way Christian.