Vancouver and Clark County residents can get coupons for free leaf disposal this fall.
The city and county offer the program to keep leaves from clogging stormwater drains and causing flooding, according to a press release.
From Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, residents can drop off up to 5 cubic yards of leaves at one of the designated sites shown on the coupon. Loads of leaves must be covered, and all bags of leaves must be emptied out at the disposal site. Branches and other yard debris, including loads with a mix of leaves, are not covered by the coupon and will be charged at the regular disposal price. Coupons are intended to be used by individuals, not businesses.
Coupons are required and must be filled out to be eligible for free leaves disposal. The name of an individual, not a business, must be written on the submitted coupon to be valid. Some drop-off sites may have a few spare coupons on hand this year, but residents are strongly encouraged to print out, clip out or get coupons before making the trip to drop off leaves. Please note that due to restrictions related to COVID-19 and evolving community health guidelines, coupons are not available for pickup at public facilities this year.
Here’s how to get your coupons for free leaf disposal:
- Print out a coupon from cityofvancouver.us/leafcoupon, clarkgreenneighbors.org or wcnorthwest.com/leaves.
- Clip a coupon out of Waste Connections’ newsletter, which will be sent to all residences in Clark County in October.
- Call Vancouver Solid Waste at 360-487-7160 or email email@example.com to have a coupon sent to you by mail.
There are four participating designated leaf disposal sites this year. Call ahead to confirm hours and availability. When dropping off leaves, please wear a face covering, maintain physical distance and follow other posted public health guidance.
- H & H Wood Recyclers, 8401 N.E. 117th Ave.; 360-892-2805.
- McFarlane’s Bark, 8806 N.E. 117th Ave.; 360-892-6125.
- Triangle Resources, 612 S.E. Union St., Camas; 360-834-7253.
- West Van Materials Recovery Center, 6601 N.W. Old Lower River Road; 360-737-1727.