Jacinda Lee scored a 4-and-2 win over Brooklyn Gaston and Jasmine Chen beat Sahara McPoland 4-and-3 as the Camas girls golf team beat Woodland in the title match in the Titan Cup on Monday at Orchard Hills Golf and Country Club.
The Papermakers beat Woodland 6-0 in the championship match. Camas advance to the final with a 3-0 win over Mountain View in an alternate-shot match.
Woodland beat Union 2-1 in the alternate-shot match.
Union beat Mountain View on a tiebreaker after the two teams split their six singles match in a third-place match.
Stars of the day
- JP Guzman, Columbia River boys soccer, scored the Rapids’ first goal on an assist from Aurash Safayi as River widened its lead in the 2A Greater St. Helens League with a 2-0 win over second-place Ridgefield.
- Travis Gibson, Washougal baseball, went 2 for 3 with a run, double and RBI in a 14-1 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Ashley Provolt, Mark Morris softball, went 3 for 3 with four runs, two doubles and two RBI in a 19-2 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Will Major, Hudson’s Bay boys soccer, scored a second-half goal in the Eagles’ 1-0 win over Mark Morris.
- Reece Walling, Prairie baseball, went 3 for 3 with three runs, two home runs and seven RBI in a 14-4 win over Heritage.
- Jayden Rippelmeyer, Mountain View baseball, allowed no earned runs in 6.2 innings with nine strikeouts and two walks in a 4-1 win over Kelso. He was also 1 for 3 from the plate.
- Lucas Witthauer, Skyview boys soccer, scored two goals in a 3-0 win over Battle Ground.