Baden of Bellevue and Gunderson Baseball Academy of West Linn, Ore., finished undefeated in their pools at the Curt Daniels Invitational and are the top seeds for Sunday’s semifinals at Camas High School.
Baden, 4-0 in the Daniels Division, will play Kirkland Merchants (3-1), No. 2 in the Thompson Division at 10 a.m.
The second semifinal has 4-0 Gunderson playing 3-1 Portland Baseball Club at 12:30 p.m.
The championship game is scheduled for 3 p.m. at Camas.
All three Clark County-based teams — Vancouver Mavericks, Coast to Coast Astros, and NW Futures — were 1-3 in pool play.
Those three teams will have consolation games Sunday at Union High at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Admission is free to all games.
District 4 Major Baseball — Cascade Little League all-stars won the district title on Saturday, beating Camas 10-8.
The win advances Cascade to the state tournament beginning July 16 at District 1 fields in Everett and Lynnwood.
The state winner in this age group (10-12) moves a step closer to the Little League World Series at Williamsport, Pa., by playing in the Northwest Regional Aug. 6-11 at San Bernardino, Calif. The regional winners goes to Williamsport.
District 6 Major Baseball — Play started Saturday at Luke Jensen Sports Park to determine a state berth among Hazel Dell, Salmon Creek, La Center, Glenwood, Ridgefield and Battle Ground all-star teams.
The district tournament runs through July 8 or 9 depending on results of the July 8 game. The district champ also advances to the Everett area.
Other tournaments — July is state Little League tournament time and here are some of those details with area all-star teams that have clinched berths. More district tournaments will be concluding soon:
- 8-9-10 baseball at Fort Vancouver Little League, begins July 23.
- 8-9-10 softball at Columbia Little League, begins July 23. Salmon Creek is the District 6 champion.
- 9-10-11 baseball at Federal Way National Little League Complex begins July 16.
- Major softball at Underwood Park in Des Moines, begins July 9. Lewis River is representing District 6, and East County is the District 4 champion.
- Intermediate baseball started Saturday at Woodinville. Camas is the District 4 champion, and Salmon Creek is the District 6 champion.
- Junior baseball at Port Orchard begins July 16. Ridgefield is the District 6 champion.
- Junior softball at Everett begins Tuesday. Battle Ground is the District 6 champion.
- Senior baseball started Saturday at Port Orchard.