Monday, June 27, 2022
June 27, 2022

Linkedin Pinterest

Pet turtle rescued from Vancouver house fire

By , Columbian Innovation Editor
Published:

Vancouver firefighters rescued a pet turtle from a house fire Saturday night.

At about 11 p.m., firefighters responded to the house in the 17400 block of Southeast 32nd Street and saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage of a two-story home. The occupants had evacuated with no injuries.

Firefighters began to extinguish the fire. Using a circular saw, they cut open the garage, where they found and rescued a pet turtle. None of the 14 firefighters at the fire were injured, and it took them 15 minutes to control the fire.

The fire is under investigation by the Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office, according to a news release from Vancouver Fire Department.

Support local journalism

Your tax-deductible donation to The Columbian’s Community Funded Journalism program will contribute to better local reporting on key issues, including homelessness, housing, transportation and the environment. Reporters will focus on narrative, investigative and data-driven storytelling.

Local journalism needs your help. It’s an essential part of a healthy community and a healthy democracy.

Community Funded Journalism logo
Loading...