Parker Mairs and Bella Burns each scored second-half goals as the Camas girls soccer team beat Union 2-0 Tuesday in a showdown of the 4A Greater St. Helens League’s top teams.
Mairs opened the scoring in the 48th minute with a shot from a side angle the grazed off a Union defender.
Burns put the game away in the 78th minute with a penalty kick.
Camas improved to 2-0-0 in league play while Union fell to 1-1-0.
Stars of the day
- Kendall Lawson, Hockinson girls soccer, scored two goals and assisted on one as the Hawks won at Mark Morris 5-2.
- Jack Kendrick, Columbia River boys golf, shot a 1-under-par 35 at Heron Lakes Great Blue course for medalist honors in the Rapids’ victory over Hockinson.
- Charlie Palmersheim and Nate Sheron, Columbia River boys tennis. Both players had comeback wins at Nos. 2 and 3 singles against Skyview. Palmersheim won in three sets, Sheron was down 4-0 in the first set before prevailing in two sets.
- Grady Millar, Mountain View boys golf, fired a 3-under 32 on the back nine at Tri-Mountain for medalist honors in the Thunder’s win over Skyview.
- Dane Huddleston, Woodland boys golf, was medalist with a 2-under 33 at Lewis River as the Beavers edged Ridgefield 170-171.
- Devyn Thomas, Heritage boys cross country, was the individual winner in a three-team meet with Union and Evergreen. He covered three miles in 18 minutes, 4 seconds.
- Stacey Sutton, Battle Ground girls cross country, was the individual winner in a three-team meet against Kelso and Battle Ground. She covered 2.95 miles in 20:28.
- Claire Rogge, Evergreen girls cross country, won a 3-mile race in 20:29 in a three-team meet with Union and Heritage.
- Daphne Evenson, Skyview girls cross country, was fastest over 5,000 meters at Whipple Creek, finishing in 21:08 against Camas and Mountain View.
- Diamond Doutrive, Prairie volleball, had a team-high seven kills to go along with three blocks as the Falcons swept Heritage.
- Eli Huntington, Camas boys golf, shot 5-under 31, finishing with five straight birdies, in a match against Heritage at Camas Meadows.
- Paige Stepaniuk, Ridgefield volleyball, had four aces, nine kills and 17 digs as the Spudders swept Mark Morris in a clash on 2A GSHL top-three teams.
- Andie Buckley, Columbia River girls soccer, had two goals and two assists in a 7-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Dylan Yates, Skyview girls soccer, had a goal and assist as the Storm beat Battle Ground 3-0.
- Shaela Bradley, La Center girls soccer, scored all three goals in a 3-0 win over King’s Way Christian.
- Anna Mooney, Seton Catholic girls soccer, had two goals and an assist in a 5-0 win over Fort Vancouver.