Washington arts organizations will receive more than $10 million from ArtsFund and the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, which has announced 671 recipients of its Community Accelerator Grants. The grants prioritized Washington organizations that represent and support people from various racial and ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ, people with disabilities and rural communities.
Grants between $2,500 and $25,000 in unrestricted funding were awarded to every eligible organization that applied, representing 35 of Washington’s 39 counties.
Here are local grant recipients in Southwest Washington:
- Columbia Dance, $2,500.
- Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum (Skamania County), $11,900.
- Columbia Theatre Association for the Performing Arts (Cowlitz County), $5,900.
- Friends of DanceWorks WA, $5,900.
- Journey Theater Arts, $5,900.
- Lelooska Foundation (Cowlitz County) $25,000.
- Magenta Theater Company, $11,900.
- Southwest Washington Symphony (Cowlitz County), $2,500.
- Vancouver Master Chorale, $11,900.
- Woodland Dance Center (Cowlitz County), $3,100.