In one day, Seton Catholic baseball handed rival King’s Way Christian its first and second 1A Trico League blemishes of the season.
Mason Sullivan scored the winning run after Max Ackerman’s two-out single in the top of the eighth as the Cougars won the nightcap 8-7 on Tuesday at Luke Jensen Park.
That followed Seton Catholic’s 11-0 win in five innings in the first game. Lucas Peterson went 3 for 4 with a double. Kolten Gesser allowed just two hits and one walk over five innings while also going 2 for 3 at the plate.
Teddy Wieczorek went a combined 4 for 8 with four runs scored for Seton, which is now 4-3 and third place in the Trico.
King’s Way Christian entered Tuesday 6-0 in league play. Jack Somarakis went 2 for 2 with a triple, a double and two runs scored in the nightcap.
Stars of the day
- Zach Blair, Camas baseball, went 2 for 4 with an RBI double and a stolen base in a 9-2 win over Union as the Papermakers stayed perfect in 4A GSHL play.
- Faizah Ford, Battle Ground girls track and field, won the 100 meters, long jump, triple jump and was part of a winning 800 relay team in a meet against Union.
- Caden Spanier, Skyview baseball, went 2 for 3 with a home run, a double and two runs scored in a 5-2 win over Battle Ground.
- Bryson Sauter, Columbia-White Salmon baseball, threw a complete-game shutout, allowing three hits and one walk in a 1-0 win over Castle Rock.
- Jade Gruher, Union girls golf, shot 3-over 39 and scored 33 Stableford points as the Titans beat Battle Ground 87-60 at Camas Meadows.
- Brady Angelo, Seton Catholic boys soccer, scored a first-half goal assisted by Sam Soto in a 1-0 win over King’s Way Christian in a match that pitted teams tied for second in the Trico League.
- Emem Ntekpere, Skyview girls track and field, won the 100 hurdles, 300 hurdles, high jump and was on the winning 1,600 relay team in a meet against Camas.
- Kaliann Newberry, Heritage softball, went 2 for 3 with two doubles and an RBI in a 6-4 win over Capital.