Kadence Burleson’s single in the top of the seventh inning plated two runs to give Evergreen softball a 5-4 win at Kelso in an early-season 3A Greater St. Helens League clash on Wednesday.
Trailing 4-3, Kendall Reude walked and Delaney Bollman singled. Both scored on Burleson’s base hit and an error by Kelso’s outfielder on the same play.
Burleson went 2 for 4 and Bollman also pitched seven innings, allowing two earned runs.
Kelso led 4-3 after scoring three runs in the fifth inning. Lexi Grumbois homered in the first inning for the Lassies, who fell to 0-2 in league play.
Stars of the day
- Maddie Milhorn, Skyview softball, went 2 for 4 with two home runs and three RBI in a 7-2 win over Union. She also struck out 15 and allowed four hits in seven innings.
- Travis Gibson, Washougal baseball, allowed two hits and struck out eight over five shutout innings in a 6-4 win over Hockinson. He also went 2 for 4 at the plate.
- Cayleigh White, Heritage softball, went 3 for 4 with two home runs and six RBI in a 26-5 win over Seton Catholic.
- Caden Taylor, La Center baseball, went 2 for 4 with three RBI in a 14-4 win over Woodland.
- Rylee Rehbein, Battle Ground softball, allowed one hit and struck out 14 over 11 innings in a 9-0 win over Prairie. She also doubled twice.
- Sam Soto, Seton Catholic boys soccer, scored the game-winning goal in the second half of a 2-1 win over Heritage. Also assisted on Seton’s first goal.
- Landon Milligan and Lucas Witthauer, Skyview boys soccer, each scored in the first half of a 2-0 win over Mountain View.
- Luke Chaney, Union baseball, went 3 for 3 with a triple in a 10-0 win over Prairie as the Titans improved to 2-0.
- Jayda Peterson, Camas softball, went 2 for 3 with three RBI and also pitched four innings in a 10-7 win over Mountain View.