Avery Berg scored in a final minute of stoppage time to give Washougal girls soccer a 1-1 draw against Mountain View in their season-opening match on Tuesday.
Washougal’s Maddy Alldrin got a touch on a corner kick, directing it to Berg in front of the goal.
That allowed the host Panthers to pull even after Mountain View took the lead in the first half.
Stars of the day
- Alex Snyder, Columbia River boys golf, shot 2-over 37 for the low round in a match against Mark Morris at Mint Valley.
- Grady Millar, Mountain View boys golf, shot 4-under 32 to lead the Thunder over Union at Camas Meadows.
- Grant Gumringer, Hockinson boys golf, shot even-par 37 to lead the Hawks over Ridgefield at Tri-Mountain.
- Zach Wallace and Jack Regino, Ridgefield boys tennis, won their No. 2 doubles match 6-4, 7-5 helping the Spudders beat Battle Ground in a set tiebreaker 7-6 after the match finished 3-3.
- Lilly House, Ridgefield volleyball, had nine aces as the Spudders opened their season with a 3-0 win over Hockinson.
- Lauren Dreves, Columbia River volleyball, the Auburn University commit had 13 kills as the reigning 2A state champs opened with season with a 3-0 win over Woodland.
- Madisen Newberry, La Center girls soccer, scored three goals and had one assist in a 4-2 win over W.F. West.
- Hailey Colunga, Battle Ground girls soccer, scored two goals including one on a penalty kick that tied the match in the second half of a 3-3 tie against Evergreen.
- Adrianne Agbayani, Evergreen girls soccer, scored two goals and assisted on another in the 3-3 tie against Battle Ground.
- Billie Ross, La Center volleyball, had 15 kills to lead the Wildcats to a 3-0 sweep of Elma.
- Enzo Matheny, Skyview boys golf, shot 3-over 40 to help the Storm edge Prairie 184-190 at Tri-Mountain.
- Hailey Herboth, Seton Catholic girls soccer, scored a hat trick in an 8-0 win over Heritage.
- Dea Covarrubias, Skyview girls soccer, scored two goals and added an assist as the Storm beat Kelso 6-0.