Shaela Bradley wove through the King’s Way Christian defense to score an overtime winner as La Center girls soccer triumphed 3-2 on Tuesday.
It capped a hat trick for Bradley, who gave the Wildcats a 1-0 lead in the first half and scored an unassisted goal in the second half.
King’s Way forced overtime with a goal in the final three minutes of regulation as Shaylie Haij scored her second goal of the match.
Stars of the day
- Spencer Moody, Mountain View boys golf, took home medalist honors with a 3-under-par 31 at Fairway Village in a win over Skyview.
- Colton Warren and Jack Heaton, Ridgefield boys golf, shared medalist honors with 44s in the Spudders’ win over Battle Ground at Tri-Mountain.
- Mason Bluestein, Union boys golf, was the medalist with a 2-under 68 at Camas Meadows in the team win over Evergreen.
- Devyn Thomas, Heritage boys cross country, was the fastest runner at a three-team home meet, covering 5,00 meters in 17 minutes, 14 seconds.
- Ethan Pedersen, Prairie boys cross country, won a 4,600 meter race at Lewisville Park in 16:51 as the Falcons won the three-team meet with 16 points.
- Sam Soto, Seton Catholic boys cross country, won a Trico League meet at Castle Rock, covering 5,000 meters in 16:16. The Cougars won with 16 points.
- Kate Westfall, Camas girls cross country, won a 5,000 meter race at Heritage High in 20:46, leading the Papermakers to a team win with 21 points.
- Daniela Vazquez-Gonzalez, Evergreen girls cross country, was the fastest in a 4,600 meter race at Lewisville Park, finishing in 20:37.
- Daphne Evenson, Skyview girls cross country, won a 2.95 mile race at Kelso High in 18:31 as the Storm the three-team meet with a perfect score of 15 points.
- Avery Garrison, Seton Catholic girls cross country, won a 5,000 meter race at Castle Rock High in 19:40 to lead the Cougars to victory in the three-team meet.
- Jamie Maas, Washougal girls soccer, had three goals and one assist in a 6-1 win over Mark Morris.
- Jules Staley, Prairie girls soccer, scored two goals and assisted on three others in the Falcons’ 7-0 win over Evergreen.
- Billie Ross, La Center volleyball, had a team-high 10 kills and four blocks in a 3-0 win over Stevenson as the Wildcats improved to 9-0 this season.
- Sydney Dreves, Columbia River volleyball, had 10 kills, seven digs and five aces as the Rapids swept Hudson’s Bay.
- Ella Thompson, Camas volleyball, had a team-high nine kills as the Papermakers swept Skyview and remained unbeaten on the season.
- Diamond Doutrive, Prairie volleyball, had a team-high eight kills as the Falcons swept Heritage to remain undefeated.
- Ellie Mathison, King’s Way Christian volleyball, had 15 kills and 13 digs as the Knights outlasted Seton Catholic in five sets.