• Scored two second-half goals in Papermakers’ 4-0 win over Southridge in the state semifinals.
• Scored a team-leading 28 goals and had 11 assists, which tied for the team lead with Parker Roland.
• White’s favorite goal was scored in Camas’ 3-0 state playoff win over Shorecrest. He stole the ball and scored the last of the goals in the match he and his teammates called their biggest win.
More about Drew
• Drew wears more than a dozen wrist bands on his left wrist, each a reminder of a person or event of significance in his life. Among them is a piece of string from a homeless man.
• Favorite music: “Oldies” Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Barenaked Ladies, music often played in the car on trips to soccer practices in Tacoma.
Next year and beyond
• White plans to play soccer for Washington. A defender for the Seattle Sounders FC Academy team, he hopes to someday play professional soccer.
“Soccer’s different. You have to be running for 90 minutes, sweating and getting tackled and bleeding, and still keeping your head in the game. … It takes so much more mental strength than you’d expect.”
On why he chose soccer instead of baseball or football
Rest of All-Region team
• Zach Anderson, sr. Camas: Goalkeeper was 3A GSHL defensive MVP, led Camas to state title.
• Isaiah Escobedo, sr., Hudson’s Bay: 3A GSHL MVP, 9 goals and 9 assists in Eagles’ midfield.
• Michael Granados, sr., Union: First-team all GSHL midfielder for the 4A league champions.
• Cotter Hamilton, sr., Hockinson: 2A GSHL co-MVP helped Hawks to state semifinals.
• Travis Heim, sr., Ridgefield: Trico League MVP led Spudders to the Class 1A state quarterfinals.
• Brandon Langeland, sr., Union: 4A GSHL co-MVP anchored the defense for league champions.
• Chris Miller, sr., Camas: Played his best soccer in postseason, helping Papermakers’ midfield carry play.
• Jarren Parthemer, sr., Hockinson: 2A GSHL co-MVP helped Hawks to state semifinals.
• Keenan Townsend, jr., Skyview: Goalkeeper shared 4A GSHL player of the year honor.
• Mikhail Wingate-Pearse, sr., Skyview: All-league midfielder helped Storm reach 4A bi-district.