People in business
• Jody Campbell, community outreach director for The Columbian, and Todd Coleman, deputy executive director of the Port of Vancouver USA, have been added to the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The chamber’s board is comprised of 18 business leaders who represent a wide variety of vocations and industries.
• Matt Lee, manager of the Vancouver office of the Opsahl/Dawson firm, joined George Opsahl Jr., Aaron Dawson and Jen Dawson in ownership of the company as of Jan. 1. Lee has been a CPA since 1989 and has managed the Vancouver office since joining the company in 2010.
• Evergreen Habitat for Humanity has elected a new board of directors. Susan Riley, kitchen and bath designer for DeWils Interiors, will continues as board president. Linda Reid, assistant vice president of West Coast Bank, assumed the position of vice president; Brad Eriksen, attorney with Jordan Ramis PC continues as treasurer; and Stacia White, associate accounting manager of Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation, assumed the position of secretary. The newly-elected 2012 board of directors are: Bill Bryant, senior associate, Bryant and Associates; Rich Helmke, retired; Mojgan Kasraei, branch manager of First Independent Bank; Barry Kalian, business development manager at Underwriter Laboratories; Bruce Armstrong, retired associate pastor of Columbia Presbyterian Church; and Tom Bashwiner, retired director of gift planning at Fort Vancouver National Trust.
• Lynn Samuels has been appointed the executive director of Columbia River Mental Health Services. Samuels has 30 years of experience in the behavioral health field and previously was chief executive officer of Lifeline Connection.
• Carol Van Natta has been elected 2012 president of the Oregon and Southwest Washington chapter of Fundraising Professionals. Van Natta, a graduate of Columbia River High School, is vice president of the Oregon State University foundation, Portland Center.