It must be official. It's on Twitter.
Isaiah Smith, The Columbian's All-Region boys basketball player of the year, announced through his Twitter account Tuesday night that he will be playing college basketball at Cal State Monterey Bay.
Smith led Columbia River to back-to-back district championships. The Chieftains reached the round of 16 this season.
Smith was a double-double machine, using his shooting touch and height advantage to score in bunches. The 6-foot-8 post ended his career as the top scorer in school history, with 1,605 points. He also scored 42 points in a game this season, also a school record.
• COACH OPENINGS: Battle Ground has posted two coaching vacancies in its athletic department: Boys basketball and girls soccer. Both positions were filled on an interim basis earlier this school year.
Stars of the day
• SOFTBALL: Makayla Lefever and Maddie Sorenson, Woodland pitchers. Lefever threw a five-inning perfect game, striking out 12 in 16-0 win. Sorenson threw a two-hitter in the second game, striking out nine in a 12-0 win.
• BASEBALL: Rian Bassett, Columbia River, threw six innings of shut-out ball, striking out seven in a 9-0 win over Prairie.
• SOFTBALL: Emily Muffett of La Center. Pitched a shutout in the first game, then got the win in relief in the second game in a doubleheader over Toledo-Winlock. She also went 5 for 9 and drove in three runs.
• SOCCER Fernando Martin-Meana, Woodland. He had four assists in the Beavers' 7-1 win over Castle Rock.
• SOCCER: Conner Thompson, Hockinson, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Mark Morris.
• GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Emily Morgan of Columbia River keeps getting faster. She was clocked in 12.16 seconds in the 100 meters. Two weeks ago, she broke a school record. She broke it again Tuesday.
• SOCCER: Jared Williams, Ridgefield. He scored four goals in a 5-0 win over Washougal.
• SOCCER: Evergreen's Timur Zhividze scored both goals for the Plainsmen in a 2-0 win over Battle Ground.
• SOCCER: Christian Thyron scored twice for Prairie in the Falcons 3-1 win over Hudson's Bay.
• SOFTBALL: Ridgefield's Shannon Boyle had three hits including a triple and a double and knocked in four runs in a 5-1 win over Heritage.
• BASEBALL: Ridgefield's Grant Mersinger had a home run and three RBI for the Spuds, who rallied for a 10-6 win over R.A. Long with a nine-run sixth inning.
• SOCCER: Erik Powell scored all six Seton Catholic goals in a 6-2 win over La Center.