Camas’ Grayson Anderson was selected the male athlete of the meet at the John Ingram Twilight meet at Columbia River on Friday as the Camas boys and girls teams swept to team titles.
The Camas boys scored 177 points to win the 10-team field, outdistancing second-place Skyview (125.5). On the girls side, it was Camas over Skyview 196-157.
Anderson won the 100 meters (11.16 seconds) and 200 (22.91), as well as placing second in the high jump and helping Camas place second in the 400 relay. Prairie’s James Phillips won the 300 hurdles (42.34) and long jump (22-1/4) and placed third in the 100 hurdles.
Adna’s Regyn Gaffney was the girls athlete of the meet. Skyview’s Madison Lanford won the 100 hurldes (16.17) and 300 hurdles (48.06), and Aubrey Ward-El won the shot put (41-0) and javelin (132-5).
Stars of the day
• BASEBALL: Braydon Maney of Skyview went 3 for 3 with two doubles and two RBI in Skyview’s 7-1 win over Battle Ground.
• BASEBALL: Javier Villanueva picked up the win in relief and belted a two-run home run to lift the Heritage baseball team to a 5-4 win over Union.
• BASEBALL: Tyler Hows of Camas went 2 for 4 with a double, run scored and RBI as Camas had to withstand a five-run rally by Evergreen in the bottom of the seventh to win 7-6.
• SOCCER: Chris Hogan scored twice in the second half to give Prairie a 2-0 victory at Kelso.
• SOFTBALL: Colleen Driscoll homered and struck out five for the pitching win as Mountain View topped Skyview 8-4.
• SOCCER: David Garnica had two goals and an assist in Mountain View’ 5-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.