Marcus Mason had two doubles and drove in three runs, leading the Heritage baseball team to an 8-3 win over Camas.
The win helped secure the No. 2 seed to next week’s district playoffs for Heritage. Union beat Battle Ground 9-5 to lock down the No. 3 seed.
Battle Ground (5-9) and Camas (4-10) are left to battle for the fourth and final berth. If Camas beats Union on Friday and Battle Ground loses to Evergreen, Camas will take the No. 4 seed. Otherwise, Battle Ground wins the berth.
Stars of the day
• SOFTBALL: Carly Estes had two hits and drove in two runs, leading Ridgefield to a 10-2 win over Washougal.
• SOFTBALL: Katie Schroeder struck out 12 in Camas’ 7-1 win over Heritage. She also drove in a run for the Papermakers.
• SOCCER: Joseph Hernandez scored two goals and assisted on the other two as Battle Ground topped Heritage 4-1.
• TENNIS: Sophie Bird and Gimi Jochim of Ridgefield prevailed in a three-set thriller. Bird and Jochim won their doubles match over R.A. Long 6-4, 4-6, 7-5.
• TENNIS: Zoe Lovell of Prairie rallied after losing the first set to beat Heather Carroll of Mountain View. Score was 6-7 (4), 6-4, 6-4. Prairie improved to 8-1 in 3A GSHL play.