Two burned in Brush Prairie barbecue accident

By Mark Bowder, Columbian assistant metro editor

Published:

 
Prairie Field

Two men were burned Saturday in a barbecue accident in Brush Prairie, according to Fire District 3.

Battalion Chief Jeff Stewart said the accident occurred about 4:30 p.m. when someone used white gas to light a barbecue at Prairie Field, 14500 N.E. 137th Ave. White gas is commonly used as lantern and stove fuel.

Stewart said one man was transported to the Legacy Oregon Burn Center in Portland. A second was transported to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver.

Their names were not released.