Tyler Armstrong had a fantastic day on the mound for the Prairie baseball team.
Unfortunately for him and the Falcons, J.T. Kaul was even better for Mountain View.
Kaul struck out 14 Falcons in a three-hit shutout, leading Mountain View to a 1-0 victory in a Class 3A Greater St. Helens League battle.
Armstrong also tossed a three-hitter. He struck out 12, giving the two starters a combined 26 punchouts.
Mountain View’s only run was unearned. Prairie had just three base runners, and only one reached third base.
Stars of the day
• BASEBALL: Clark Bryant allowed three hits with four strikeouts over six innings and was 2 for 4 with a double, home run and two RBI, leading Columbia River to a 9-1 win over Hudson’s Bay.
• BASEBALL: Dylan White pitched two innings to get the save in a 3-1 Camas win over Evergreen. White also had a double and drove in a run for the Papermakers.
• BASEBALL: Jared Dean held Heritage to one run over five innings to earn the pitching win in the Titans’ 5-1 win over Heritage.
• BASEBALL: Curtis Perrin and Jordan Freese each scored two runs for Skyview in the Storm’s 6-1 win over visiting Battle Ground.
• SOFTBALL: Katie Schroeder of Camas threw all four innings of Monday’s resumption of a game, striking out seven and holding a 3-1 lead for the win over Mountain View. Harli Hubbard threw the first three innings Friday before the game was suspended. She was ill Monday, not able to pitch.
• SOFTBALL: Teaghan Cowles of Columbia River hit two home runs and drove in three runs as the Chieftains beat Evergreen 9-2.
• SOFTBALL: Morgan Spieth was 2 for 4 with a home run and three RBI in Union’s 6-5 win in eight innings at Timberline. Emma Alfonso struck out seven in 61/3 innings and was 3 for 3 with two doubles.
• SOCCER: Josh Polen scored off an assist from Josh Balsiger, then Balsiger scored the next two goals off of assists from Polen as Seton Catholic topped King’s Way 5-1.