Columbia River will play Cleveland of Seattle at 7:45 p.m. Friday in a Class 3A state preliminary football game at Seattle Memorial Stadium, Columbia River officials said Monday.
School officials had thought the game would be played on Saturday and were waiting on an exact time of the kickoff. Cleveland shares Memorial Stadium, which is located at Seattle Center, with other area high schools.
But news came Monday that the game would be played Friday night, making a busy Friday night of playoff football for area teams.
That leaves Mountain View as the only Clark County team slated to play football on Saturday this week, at the moment. The Thunder will host Mountlake Terrace at 7 p.m. Saturday at McKenzie Stadium.
If Hockinson or Washougal wins a three-team tiebreaker on Tuesday in Kelso, the winner of the tiebreaker would play at Tumwater on Saturday in a 2A district playoffs.
Here’s the breakout of local teams in the football playoffs this week:
- 4A STATE PRELIMINARY: Monroe at Camas, 7 p.m. Friday at Doc Harris Stadium
- 4A STATE PRELIMINARY: Union at Issaquah, 7 p.m. Friday
- 4A STATE PRELIMINARY: Skyview at Curtis, 7 p.m. Friday
- 3A STATE PRELIMINARY: Mountlake Terrace vs. Mountain View, 7 p.m. Saturday at McKenzie Stadium
- 3A STATE PRELIMINARY: Columbia River vs. Cleveland, 7:45 p.m. Friday at Seattle Memorial Stadium
- 2A GSHL TIEBREAKER: Hockinson, Washougal and Aberdeen in 2A GSHL tiebreaker, 7 p.m. Tuesday at Kelso HS
- 2A DISTRICT: Tiebreaker winner at Tumwater, TBA Saturday
- 1A DISTRICT: Elma at La Center, 7 p.m.
- 1A DISTRICT: Rochester vs Woodland at Kalama, 7 p.m.