Taylor Kernion scored off an assist from Paige Olinger and goalkeeper Kaitlyn Hagedorn and the Skyview defense made it stand up at the Storm beat Union 1-0 in a Class 4A Greater St. Helens League girls soccer match on Tuesday.
Union went into the match ranked No. 4 in Class 4A in the state, according to the Seattle Times.
Kernion's goal came in the first half, and Hagedorn recorded four saves in goal.
The loss for Union moved Camas (3-0-0) into sole possession of first place in the 4A GSHL with Union (2-1-0) and Skyview (2-1-0) in second.
Stars of the day
• Megan LaFond, Union volleyball, had 19 kills and 10 digs as Union beat Battle Ground 3-1.
• Nicole Barth, Skyview volleyball, had 10 kills, 17 digs, five blocks and two aces in the Storm's win over Heritage.
• Kendall Johnson, Mountain View volleyball, had 12 kills, six digs, four blocks and four aces in a win over Hudson's Bay.
• Kaylee Warren, Prairie volleyball, had 12 kills, six aces and three digs as Prairie improved to 3-1 in league with a win over Kelso.
• Sam Rice, Ridgefield volleyball, had 28 assists, three digs, two blocks and two kills as Ridgefield topped Hockinson.
• Haley Yoder, Woodland volleyball, had 11 kills, three blocks and two aces in the Beavers' win over Stevenson.
• Natalie Pederson, Seton Catholic volleyball, had 13 kills, eight assists, eight digs and two blocks in Seton's win over Toledo.
• Riley Allison, Camas soccer, had two goals in the Papermakers' 5-0 win over Heritage.
• Brielle Lindsey, Prairie soccer, had two goals in the Falcon's win over Hudson's Bay.
• Milla Benedetti, Mountain View soccer, had two goals in the Thunder's win over Fort.
• Emily Kleier, Columbia River soccer, had two goals as River remained unbeaten with a 5-0 win over Kelso.
• Taryn Ries, Ridgefield soccer, scored two goals in a 4-0 win over Hockinson.
• Savana Tubbs and Jessica Flanagan, Woodland soccer. Each scored a goal in a 2-0 win over White Salmon in a match featuring the top two teams in the 1A Trico League.
• Jorie Freitag, Seton Catholic soccer, had a goal and an assist in the Cougars' 2-1 win over La Center.
• Kaden Harbertson, Skyview cross country, set the pace for the Storm with a second-place finish in 16:21 as Skyview edged Camas 26-29.