Katie Schroeder’s pitches might not be the fastest, but they were nearly unhittable on Thursday.
The Camas pitcher struck out 13 and allowed two hits in a 11-1 win over Prairie.
Schroeder also went 3-for-4 with 4 RBI and a home run in a game that pitted last year’s second-place teams in Class 4A and 3A.
“Katie has great command of her pitches, said Camas coach Ken Nidick. “It might sound funny, but she’s not really overpowering. But when she’s on, she’s got great movement on her pitches.”
McKinley Johnson and Harli Hubbard also homered for Camas (4-0), which scored five runs in the first inning.
Stars of the day
• Ben Nicholas, Battle Ground baseball, pitched five innings of relief to get the win and was 2 for 2 with a double and RBI in the 7-5 win over Camas in nine innings.
• Brandon Zilles, Skyview soccer, scored two goals as the Storm beat Evergreen 3-1.
• Michael Beauchamp, Mountain View soccer, had three assists as Jared Berg, Isaac Strever and Kody Ulrich scored two goals apiece in a 7-0 win over Prairie.
• Curtis Perrin, Skyview baseball, hit a two-run home run to lift the Storm to a 7-4 win over Union, handing the Titans their first league loss.
• Jordan Moore, Evergreen baseball, gave up one earned run in seven innings in a 9-3 win over Heritage.
• Andrew Haley, Columbia River baseball, went 3 for 4 with a double and three RBI as Columbia River held off Prairie 14-10.
• Emma Wollcott, La Center softball, went 2 for 3 with a home run and two RBI in a win over Hockinson.
• Jessica Alcomendas, Mountain View softball, went 3 for 5 with a double, home run and three RBI in the Thunder’s 10-5 win over Ridgefield.
• Connor Culp and Sterling Lanson, Union soccer, each had a goal and an assists in the Titans’ 4-0 win over Heritage.
• Austin Cassity, Camas soccer, had two goals and an assist as Camas beat Battle Ground 5-0.
• Jossilyn Blackman, Battle Ground girls track and field, won the shot put, discus and javelin in a loss to Union.
• Bridget Standard, Fort Vancouver golf, shot a 5-over 39 at Fairway Village in a match with Heritage.
• Ashley Pedigo, Skyview golf, shot a 4-over-par 40 at The Cedars to win medalist honor in a match with prairie.