Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• Battle Ground Health Care is looking for a volunteer coder, dental hygienist, dentist, dental assistant, dental clinic manager, dental receptionist, medical receptionist, phlebotomist, and registered nurse.
• Columbia River Mental Health is looking for a volunteer to help oversee the community garden, assist gardeners with purchasing garden plots, and assist facilities personnel with gardening tasks. Office help is also needed with filing, data entry, phones and creating packets.
• West Columbia Gorge Humane Society seeks volunteers to disinfect the cat and dog kennels, and to wash laundry. Help is also needed with socializing, grooming and interacting with the cats and dogs.
SCORE, a volunteer organization backed by the Small Business Administration, assists entrepreneurs in starting small businesses and helps existing small businesses succeed.
The Vancouver chapter is looking for volunteers with business skills, and has a strong need for I.T. and administrative help. For information on volunteering or becoming a member, call 360-699-1079.
The county councilors are looking for Clark County residents to fill three volunteer positions on the Solid Waste Advisory Commission for three-year terms. The positions are for:
• One person to represent citizens of Clark County at large.
• One person who lives in southeast Clark County, south of Northeast 179th Street and east of state Highway 503.
• One owner or employee of a business located in Clark County to represent business interests.
The commission meets at 6 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month. Members make recommendations on solid waste, landfills, transfer stations, recycling, waste reduction and related issues.
To apply, send a letter of interest and résumé to Jennifer Clark, Board of Clark County Councilors, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver 98666; by email to email@example.com or by fax to 360-397-6058. The application deadline is Aug. 14.
For information, contact Pete DuBois at 360-397-2121, ext. 4961.