Monday, September 26, 2022
Sept. 26, 2022

Linkedin Pinterest

Man, dog displaced when motorhome burns

By , Columbian environment and transportation reporter
Published:

A man and his dog were displaced Wednesday night after his motorhome caught fire along West Fourth Plain Boulevard, according to the Vancouver Fire Marshal.

Firefighters were called to the 1500 block of Fourth Plain around 9:30 p.m.

Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said the man and dog apparently were living in the 1986 Winnebago.

Investigators found that a mechanical or electrical failure occurred while the man was driving, sparking the fire, Scarpelli said.

The fire heavily damaged the motorhome, causing about $15,000 damage, she said.

More information on what happened to the man was not available.

Columbian environment and transportation reporter

Support local journalism

Your tax-deductible donation to The Columbian’s Community Funded Journalism program will contribute to better local reporting on key issues, including homelessness, housing, transportation and the environment. Reporters will focus on narrative, investigative and data-driven storytelling.

Local journalism needs your help. It’s an essential part of a healthy community and a healthy democracy.

Community Funded Journalism logo
Loading...