C-Tran to end sales of paper bus passes at Fred Meyer, Safeway




Paper bus passes will no longer be sold at Fred Meyer or Safeway stores after next month.

The discontinuation is part of C-Tran’s larger transition to the electronic fare payment system Hop Fastpass, which can be used in the C-Tran, TriMet and Portland Streetcar systems.

C-Tran is giving away free Hop cards for anyone who doesn’t already receive transit passes from their employer. Visit C-TRAN’s customer service offices at Fisher’s Landing or Van Mall.

For more information about how to register, load and use the card, visit www.myhopcard.com or call 1-844-694-6722.