Here are the nominees for The Columbian spring sports prep athlete of the week, sponsored by Athletes Corner, for the week ending May 11.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- TYLER FORNER, CAMAS BASEBALL: Forner went 6 for 10 with five runs, five RBI in three games in the bi-district tournament, including the go-ahead homer in the title game.
- LEILANI GONZALEZ, SKYVIEW GIRLS TENNIS: After an unbeaten regular season, the freshman swept her way to the 4A singles title with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Camas’ Jace Moriki.
- TYREL HALME, BATTLE GROUND BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Halme won the 4A district pole vault with a region-best mark of 14-1.
- KATHERINE KADRMAS, MOUNTAIN VIEW GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Kadrmas won 3A district titles in the 200 meters, 100 hurdles, 300 hurdles and long jump.
- JULIAN VILLA-SALAS, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS SOCCER: Villa-Salas scored four goals in two games as River repeated as district champion.