Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Feb. 8.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- NATALIE FRALEY, KELSO GIRLS BASKETBALL: Fraley averaged 20 points over three wins for the Hilanders, clinching the No. 2 seed to the bi-district tournament.
- KYLE GRUHLER, SKYVIEW BOYS BASKETBALL: Gruhler scored 24 points and 35 points in two league games for the Storm last week.
- DANIEL JONER, BATTLE GROUND WRESTLING: Joner won his fourth district title at a fourth different weight the 4A district tournamanet.
- TONY KAJINO, UNION BOYS SWIMMING: Kajino won the 200 individual medley and 100 backstroke at the 4A bi-district meet in Kelso.
- ROSE UGBINADA, FORT VANCOUVER GIRLS BOWLING: The sophomore averaged 196 over six games to place third overall at the 3A state tournament.