Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the three-week period ending Jan. 4.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- MIKELLE ANTHONY, SKYVIEW GIRLS BASKETBALL: Anthony averaged a double-double for five games over the holiday break.
- KYLE BROSIUS, UNION BOYS WRESTLING: Brosius won the 170-pound division at the Hammerhead, Pacifiic Coast and Gut Check tournaments.
- LACEY KLOPMAN, WASHOUGAL GIRLS WRESTLING: Klopman won the 155-pound division at the Pride of Lady Lions tournament and was the runner-up at the Sedro-Woolley Invite.
- KAHLIL SINGLETON, FORT VANCOUVER BOYS BASKETBALL: Singleton set a school record, scoring 55 of his team’s 69 points in a game at the Fort Holiday Tournament.
- KAILEE WILCOX, EVERGREEN GIRLS BOWLING: Wilcox averaged 189 over four games with a high game of 226.