Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Jan. 25.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- SKYLAR BEA, WASHOUGAL GIRLS BASKETBALL: Bea had three double-doubles last week, eclipsing 500 points and rebounds in her prep career.
- FRED GRIMSHAW, MOUNTAIN VIEW BOYS SWIMMING: Grimshaw won the 50 free and 100 free at a meet at the Clark County YMCA and the 50 free in a meet at Cascade Athletic.
- ATTICUS KURTZ, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS WRESTLING: Kurtz won the 170-pound division at the Lumberjack Classic with three victories, including a pin.
- HALIE MARTIN, HUDSON’S BAY GIRLS BOWLING: Martin averaged 194.5 in four games last week, including a high game of 236.
- TANNER TOOLSON, UNION BOYS BASKETBALL: Toolson averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds in two league wins for the Titans.