Allison Countryman had four hits, Jaycee Williams homered and the Columbia River softball team overpowered Hockinson 13-5 on Friday.
Trailing 5-3 after three innings, River took control by scoring seven runs the fourth. Countryman’s first of her two doubles drove in two runs, one of five River hits that inning.
Taylor McRae struck and four and walked none for River, which improved to 2-1 in the 2A Greater St. Helens League.
McRael, Gabby Ventura and Reyonna Stensrude all had three hits as River knocked 18 hits overall.
Ashley King and Bella Aspaas each had three hits for Hockinson, which fell to 2-2 this spring.
Stars of the day
• Sawyer Parkin, Columbia River baseball, went 2 for 3 with a triple and three RBI in a 13-1 win over Hockinson. He also pitched three innings, striking out eight.
• Isaiah McLeod, King’s Way Christian baseball, led the Knights to a doubleheader sweep of Columbia-White Salmon. He went 2 for 2 with a triple in an 8-1 win, then struck out 12 to get the win 12-1 in the second game.
• Miranda Bergquist, R.A. Long softball, went 3 for 4 with three runs and also was the winning pitcher in a 15-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
• Leanna Russell, Woodland softball, went 4 for 5 with two home runs in a 19-1 win over Washougal.
• Reed Fry, Ridgefield baseball, went 3 for 5, scored two runs and drove in four in a 19-6 win over R.A. Long.
• Lily Mittmann, Ridgefield softball, went 3 for 3 with two runs, three RBI and a home run in a 15-0 win over Fort Vancouver.