Here are the nominees for the Week 14 high school athlete of the week, for results from May 31-June 4.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again in the same sports season.
This is the final athlete-of-the-week vote for the 2020-21 school year.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- BRINLEY JACKSON, UNION GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Jackson won the 100 (12.23 seconds), 200 (24.90) and 400 (58.67) at the 4A/3A Greater St. Helens League Invitational meet.
- RYAN MCCLINTOCK, PRAIRIE BASEBALL: McClintock struck out 10 and walked one in a shutout of No. 2 seed Battle Ground in the 4A/3A GSHL playoffs.
- MALLORY MEYER, BATTLE GROUND SOFTBALL/BASKETBALL: Meyer struck out 13 in seven innings and went 4 for 10 in softball, and scored 17 points in the Tigers’ basketball playoff win.
- KAHLIL SINGLETON, FORT VANCOUVER BOYS BASKETBALL: In his first games back from an ankle injury, Singleton averaged 29 points in three wins for the Trappers.
- MCKENZIE SPARANO, SKYVIEW BOWLING: Sparano averaged 229.5 over four games, including a high game of 267, to win the 4A district championship and help Skyview take the team title.