Here are the nominees for the Week 2 high school prep athlete of the week.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again this sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- SAM CRAWFORD, FORT VANCOUVER BOYS TENNIS: Crawford posted a pair of straight-set victories in the No. 1 singles position and another in No. 1 doubles as the Trappers remained unbeaten.
- SAM JAMES, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS GOLF: James shot a 3-under par 33 at Club Green Meadows as River posted a win over Ridgefield.
- EVAN JENKINS, CAMAS BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Jenkins posted the week’s top time for 5,000 meters, racing through the course at Battle Ground High in 15:56.
- KATIE KOGLER, FIRM FOUNDATION VOLLEYBALL: The senior had 21 kills, 9 blocks, 9 digs and two aces in a five-set victory over Three Rivers Christian.
- ALEXIS LEONE, SETON CATHOLIC GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: The freshman raced through the 5,000-meter course at Harmony Sports Complex in 18:16 to a win a meet with La Center and Castle Rock.