Here are the nominees for the Week 5 high school prep athlete of the week.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again in the same sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- JOSEPH BLANSHAN, LA CENTER TRACK AND FIELD: Blanshan won the 1,600 (4:32) and 3,200 (9:47) in a season-opening meet at Castle Rock.
- JACOB FLENTKE, UNION BOYS TENNIS: Flentke scored a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles to help the Titans capture a 4-2 win over Camas to win the 4A GSHL title.
- MAX MITCHELL, KING’S WAY CHRISTIAN BASEBALL: Mitchell went 8 for 12 with three doubles, five RBI and seven run scored in three games last week. He also pitched 2.1 scoreless innings vs. Ridgefield.
- ANNA MOONEY, CAMAS GIRLS SOCCER: Mooney scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Union that helped Camas secure the best record in the 4A/3A GSHL at 10-0.
- KATIE PENEUETA, HERITAGE VOLLEYBALL: Peneueta averaged 18 kills, six blocks and 16 digs as the Timberwolves posted two wins last week.