Dane Huddleston dominated Tri-Mountain Golf Course and the competition to run away with the 2A Greater St. Helens League golf championship on Monday.
Huddleston of Woodland shot 6-under 66 to win by seven strokes.
Columbia River rolled to the team title by placing four golfers in the top five. Ryan Snyder was runner-up by shooting 1-over 73. Jack Kendrick shot 74, Alden Fay shot 76 and Alex Snyder shot 79.
Behind Huddleston, Woodland placed second in the team race. Ridgefield placed third, led by sixth-place Cruz Combs.
Stars of the day
- Grady Millar, Mountain View boys golf, the freshman shot 2-over 74 to lead after the first day of the 3A District 4 tournament at Lewis River.
- Eli Huntington, Camas boys golf, shot 4-over 76 to lead after the first day of the 4A District 4 tournament at Lewis River.
- Leanna Russell, Woodland volleyball, had 23 digs, seven kills and six aces in a win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Ella Schoene, La Center volleyball, had 22 kills and 18 digs in a four-set win over Heritage
- Emmy Hansen, Camas volleyball, had 13 kills and 10 digs in a four-set win over Skyview as the Papermakers improved to 8-0.
- Tyra Schaub, Skyview volleyball, had 19 kills and 16 digs against Camas.