Matt Rudi of Columbia River eased into the singles final of the 2A bi-district boys tennis tournament Tuesday at Olympia.
Rudi, the 2A sub-district champion, won his quarterfinal match over Josh Do of Black Hills 6-1, 6-0, and then beat Brendan Wagner of Shelton 6-1, 6-0 in the semifinals.
In today’s final, Rudi will face Justin Chung of W.F. West. Chung defeated Fort Vancouver’s Jeffrey Truong in the semifinals 6-3, 6-2.
Mikey Nestor and Ryan Gruber of Ridgefield advanced to the doubles final with a comeback win in their semifinal match 3-6, 7-6, 6-3. Washougal’s Gavin Kestner and Tucker Kneipp lost in their semifinal 6-1, 6-2.
Stars of the day
- Ellie Petersen, Ridgefield girls soccer, scored the winning goal in overtime in a 2-1 win over Washougal.
- Sydney Johnson, Columbia River girls soccer, scored two goals in a 4-0 win over Hudson’s Bay as the Rapids wrapped up the 2A Greater St. Helens League title.
- Grace Abbott and Ellie Ritter, Hockinson girls soccer, each scored two goals in a 7-0 win over Mark Morris as the Hawks wrapped up second place in the 2A GSHL.
- Leanna Russell, Woodland volleyball, had six kills, sev en aces and 16 digs in a four-set win over Hockinson.
- Elizabeth LeBouef, La Center volleyball, had a school-record 25 service points along with 21 assists and four aces in a three-set win over Seton Catholic.
- Shaela Bradley, La Center girls soccer, had four goals and one assist as the Wildcats beat Seton Catholic 7-0 to finish Trico League play undefeated.
- Drew Eggleston, Union volleyball, had 13 kills and 12 digs, both team-highs, in a three-set win over Evergreen.
- Tyra Schaub and Emily Wood, Skyview volleyball, had 13 kills and 18 digs, respectively, to lead the Storm to a three-set win over Heritage.
- Lauren Dreves, Columbia River volleyball, had 18 kills to lead the Rapids to a three-set win over Mark Morris.