Natalie Malagdon scored a hat trick as Hudson’s Bay girls soccer opened 2A Greater St. Helens League play with a 5-0 win over Woodland on Tuesday.
Malagdon, who also had an assist, has five goals in two games. She scored twice in the Eagles’ season-opening non-league win over Heritage.
Jaylynn Wing added a goal and an assist. Lesly Vargas had five saves for Hudson’s Bay.
Stars of the day
- Charlotte Wilson, Union girls cross country, won a 5,000-meter race at Pacific Park in 20 minutes, 50 seconds. The Titans took four of the top five spots to win a meet with Skyview and Kelso.
- Gracie Buzzell, Camas girls cross country, the reigning 4A district champ won a double-dual race with Battle Ground and Heritage, covering the 5K at Lewisville Park in 20:52.
- Olivia Buck, Washougal girls soccer, scored two goals as the Panthers beat Mark Morris 4-1 at Longview in the 2A Greater St. Helens League opener.
- Ashley Griffith, Union slowpitch softball, went 3 for 3 with two doubles, two RBI and three runs scored in the Titans’ 13-3 win over Skyview.
- Adam Parker, Union boys golf, shot 2-over 38 to lead the Titans past Washougal at Camas Meadows.
- Emily Vossenkuhl, Ridgefield volleyball, had 11 kills and four blocks in a three-set win over Hockinson.
- Carley Postma, Prairie volleyball, had nine aces and 13 digs as the Falcons swept Heritage in a 3A GSHL match.
- Rohan Thawani, Union boys tennis, won his No. 1 singles match over Kevin Kim 7-6 (8-6), 7-5 as the Titans beat Mountain View 6-0.
- Josie Rinta, Ridgefield girls soccer, the goalkeeper made nine saves in a scoreless regulation, then helped the Spudders win a shootout over R.A. Long 4-3.
- Olivia Fauth, Stevenson volleyball, had seven kills and was 15 for 17 serving with one ace as the Bulldogs rallied to win at Toledo 3-2.
- Halle Reiter, Camas volleyball, had a team-high 17 digs as a solid all-around defensive effort led to a sweep of Union.