Woodland’s Dane Huddleston and the Mountain View boys golf team were the first winners of the Kelso Invitational on Wednesday.
Huddleston took medalist honors at the inaugural 18-hole event with a 2-under-par 70 at Three Rivers Golf Course.
Mountain View had a 308 team total to beat out Kelso (335), R.A. Long (351) and Woodland (354).
The Thunder’s Grady Millar and Alex Rigby helped lead the way with each shooting 1-over 73s, which tied them for second overall along with R.A. Long’s Jay Nickerson.
Kelso’s low golfer was Riley Kirk with a 4-over 76. That tied him for fifth with Woodland’s Logan Autrey.
Stars of the day
- Gracie Buzzell, Camas girls cross country, helped lead the Papermakers to the team win over Skyview and Mountain View by winning the 5,000-meter race in 19:14.
- Hayden Reich, Camas boys cross country, completed the Papermakers team sweep in the three-way meet with Skyview and Mountain View by winning the 5,000-meter race in 17:08.
- Alex Salinas, Battle Ground boys golf, shot a 1-over-par 35 at Lewis River for medalist honors as the Tigers topped Prairie 173-186.
- Matt Rudi, Columbia River boys tennis, won at No. 1 singles 6-1, 6-0 over Fort’s Jeffrey Truong, who came into the match undefeated on the season.
- Taylor Trahan and Jordan Moore, Skyview girls swimming, both had two individual victories along with a relay win at Kelso. Trahan won the 200 individual medley and 100 freestyle, and Moore won the 500 free and 100 breaststroke. Both were on the winning 200 medley relay.
- Campbell Deringer, Camas girls swimming, won the 200 IM, 100 breast and was on the winning 200 medley relay and 200 free relay teams.