Makenzie Misner pitched a one-hitter as Heritage softball beat Evergreen 5-0 to wrap up second place in the 3A Greater St. Helens League outright on Wednesday.
The Timberwolves (7-10, 5-3) started the season 1-9 but have come on strong. Heritage has won four of its last five games in league play.
That has allowed Heritage join league champ Prairie in clinching one of the 3A GSHL’s three berths to the bi-district tournament May 19-21.
Misner struck out four and allowed just one walk.
The Timberwolves scored all five of their runs in the second inning. Larissa Villa hit a solo home run and Lydia Schwenker had an RBI triple.
Stars of the day
- Jenna Crabtree, Battle Ground softball, hit two grand slam home runs and a triple in a 21-1 win over Mountain View. She went 3 for 3 with nine RBI.
- Mallory Vancleave, Ridgefield softball, went 2 for 3 with a home run, a double and three RBI in a 16-2 win over Mark Morris.
- Leanna Russell and Jayden Roth, Woodland softball, each hit two home runs, going a combined 5 for 7 with nine RBI in a 16-3 win over Washougal.
- Ellie Forster, Camas softball, went 3 for 4 with a home run, two doubles and five RBI in a 10-6 loss to Kelso.
- Matthew Kinswa, Ridgefield baseball, threw a complete-game three-hitter, striking out 10 as the Spudders beat Hudson’s Bay 3-2 in a loser-out game at the 2A district tournament.
- Rylee Wall, Prairie softball, had 11 strikeouts and no walks in a 4-1 win over Union.