Abby Dombrow scored on a penalty kick early in the second half as Hockinson girls soccer beat Washougal 1-0 on Thursday.
Hockinson kept pace in the Class 2A Greater St. Helens League with the win. The Hawks (5-3-0-0) are in fourth place with 15 points, one point behind Ridgefield and two points behind second-place R.A. Long. Columbia River sits atop the league with 21 points.
Dombrow’s penalty kick was the only time Hockinson beat Washougal goalkeeper Makenzi Gehrke, who had 10 saves.
Stars of the day
- Neftali Menendez, Columbia River boys cross country, was the individual winner at a four-team meet in Longview, covering 5,000 meters in 16 minutes, 35.24 seconds and leading the Rapids to a team victory.
- Hanna Bailey, Columbia River girls cross country, ran 20:52.62 to claim the individual title at a four-team meet in Longview. The Rapids also won the team competition.
- Elijah Gobert, Heritage boys tennis, rebounded from dropping the first set 6-1 to win the next two sets 6-4, 6-4 in his No. 1 singles match against Battle Ground. The Timberwolves won 5-1.
- Jack Kendrick and Noah Larson, Columbia River boys golf, each shot 4-under 32 at Heron Lakes Great Blue course as the Rapids beat Skyview 138-182.
- Hailey Summers, Woodland girls soccer, scored two goals in a 3-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Andie Buckley, Columbia River girls soccer, scored three goals and assisted on one as the Rapids beat Mark Morris 8-1.
- Ella Schoene and Billie Ross, had 12 and 11 kills, respectively, in a 3-0 win over Seton Catholic. Both also had 10 digs.
- Shaela Bradley and Madison Newbury, scored two goals each with Bradley adding two assists and Newbury one assist in a 5-2 win over Seton Catholic.
- Lauryn Krith, Mountain View girls soccer, scored both goals for the Thunder in a 2-0 win over Prairie.
- Kendall Mairs, Camas volleyball, had 15 kills and 7 digs in a 3-0 win over Prairie.