It’s early, but there’s just two remaining undefeated boys soccer teams in the 2A Greater St. Helens League.
Columbia River improved to 3-0 with a 5-1 victory at Ridgefield on Saturday afternoon.
Alex Harris scored three goals and an assist, JP Guzman had a goal and assist, and Evan Roscoe had an unassisted goal for the Rapids.
Hockinson kept pace with River by shutting out Washougal 3-0 Saturday night at home.
Alonzo Flores Barajas scored two goals for the Hawks (2-0-1 overall), and Devon Burris recorded the shutout in goal. An own goal accounted for the final tally.
Fort Vancouver was knocked from the ranks of the unbeatens, suffering a 2-1 loss at R.A. Long.
Stars of the day
- Eli King, Hudson’s Bay boys soccer, scored three goals as the Eagles blanked Mark Morris 6-0 in a 2A Greater St. Helens League match.
- Jose Rodriguez-Cerda and Diego Almodovar, Woodland boys soccer, combined for seven of the Beavers eight goals in the 8-0 non-league win over La Center. Rodriguez-Cerda had four of the goals.
- Lena Trieu and Avery Gardner, Camas girls tennis, came back after losing the first set at No. 3 doubles to get a 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 win at Olympia to complete a 6-0 Camas sweep.
- Kaiya Cheek, Evergreen softball, hit two home runs, knocking in five runs in the Plainsmen’s 14-3 win over Garfield.
- Madison Walker, Ridgefield softball, went 2 for 3 with a double, home run and three RBI as the Spudders beat Olympic 7-2.
- Rylee Rehbein, Battle Ground softball, struck out 17 batters in six innings, allowing two hits plus added a two-run home run for the Tigers in their 10-0 over Redmond at the Auburn Riverside Invitational.
- Michael Vander Borght and Briar Cameron, Stevenson baseball, combined to no-hit Lyle in a 7-0 win. Vander Borght struck out 12 batters, and Cameron had five strikeouts.
- Ryan McClaskey and Jake Swenson, Camas baseball, combined to strikeout out 13 batters in a two-hitter against Lakeside. The Papermakers won 6-2.
- Dylan Richardson, Union baseball, was 2 for 2 with two RBI and pitched five shut out innings with six strikeouts as the Titans beat Bonney Lake 6-0.