Camas volleyball passed a test from Oregon’s best.
The Papermakers went on the road to beat Oregon City 3-1 on Tuesday, dealing the top-ranked Class 6A team in Oregon its first loss of the season.
After winning the first set 25-19, Camas dropped the second set 25-14. But the Papermakers rebounded to win the next two sets both by 25-20.
Camas (3-0) is ranked No. 4 in the first Class 4A state poll released last week.
Junior standout Kendall Mairs had an stellar all-around match with 16 kills, 11 digs and 12 assists. Ella Thompson added 15 kills.
Camas libero Halle Reiter had 24 digs and five aces.
Stars of the day
- Kendall Mairs, Camas volleyball, had 16 kills, 11 digs and 12 assists in a 3-1 win over Oregon City.
- Lauren and Sydney Dreves, Columbia River volleyball, the sisters had 16 kills, 15 digs and 12 kills, 16 digs, respectively, in a 3-0 win over R.A. Long.
- Lizzy Andrew, Ridgefield volleyball, had a team-high 14 kills in a 3-0 win over Woodland.
- Diamond Doutrive, Prairie volleyball, had a team-high 10 kills and seven blocks in a 3-0 win over Union.
- Nadia Shepherd, Skyview volleyball, had 12 kills, 10 digs and six aces in a 3-1 win over Evergreen.
- Abby Gavora and CJ Moore, Seton Catholic girls soccer, each scored first-half goals in a 3-1 win over King’s Way Christian.
- Abby Dombrow, Hockinson girls soccer, scored a hat trick in a 7-1 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Avery Schilling, Union girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win over Mountain View.
- Tori Lasch, Ridgefield girls soccer, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Woodland.
- Paige Johnson, Columbia River girls soccer, had a goal and two assists in the Rapids’ 6-0 win over Washougal.
- Kathryn Chapin, R.A. Long girls soccer, had a second-half hat trick in a 5-0 win over Mark Morris.
- Charlotte Wilson, Union girls cross country, won the varsity race at a three-team meet at Pacific Park, covering 5,000 meters in 18 minutes, 16 seconds to win by 2:12.
- Bradley Harris, Union boys cross country, won the varsity race to lead the Titans to a team victory at a three-team meet at Pacific Park, covering 5,000 meters in 15:48.
- Devyn Thomas, Heritage boys cross country, won the varsity race in a three-team meet at Whipple Creek Park, covering 5,000 meters in 18:24.
- Daphne Evenson, Skyview girls cross country, won the varsity race in a three-team meet at Whipple Creek Park, covering 5,000 meters in 20:19 as the Storm won with 17 points.
- Kace Prindel, R.A. Long slowpitch softball: Prindel went 3 for 4 with triple, home run and four RBI in a 21-2 win over Battle Ground.
- Aurora Wiley, Columbia River slowpitch softball: Wiley went 3 for 3 with a double and two RBI as River beat Skyview 6-3 in eight innings.
- Karmynn Petrisor, Kelso slowpitch softball: Petrisor went 2 for 4 with a double and three RBI as Kelso scored four runs in the bottom of the seventh to beat Evergreen 9-8.