Parker Mairs scored on a first-half free kick before Camas girls soccer held on for a 1-0 win over Skyview to open 4A Greater St. Helens League play on Thursday.
Riley Hodson made five saves to preserve the shutout for the Papermakers.
Skyview goalkeeper Sam Groesbeck made eight saves to keep the Storm in striking distance.
Stars of the day
- Hailey McEllrath, Ridgefield volleyball, the middle blocker had nine kills, six blocks and six digs in a 3-0 win over Mark Morris.
- Billie Ross, La Center volleyball, had a team-high 17 kills in a 3-0 win over Heritage.
- Marlee Buffham, Ridgefield girls soccer, had three goals and one assist in a 7-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Kimora Ross, Evergreen girls soccer, scored a hat trick in a 4-0 win over Reynolds (Ore.).
- Destiny Campbell, Prairie girls soccer, scored a hat trick in a 9-2 win over Heritage.
- Shaela Bradley, La Center girls soccer, scored three goals in the Wildcats’ 4-0 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Madison Wirth, Union slowpitch, was 2 for 3 with a triple and two RBI in the Titans’ 11-8 win over Columbia River.
- Aurora Wiley, Columbia River slowpitch, was 3 for 4 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored in an 11-8 loss to Union.
- Catherine Brown, Skyview slowpitch, went 2 for 3 with a double and three RBI as the Storm beat R.A. Long 10-7.
- Breyelle Box, R.A. Long slowpitch, was 3 for 3 with two doubles and three RBI in the loss to Skyview.
- Nova Benson, Hudson’s Bay slowpitch, was 3 for 5 with three RBI and two runs scored in the Eagles’ 12-2 win over Mountain View.
- Carly Cotrin and Elliot Johnson, Woodland girls soccer, each scored second-half goals in a 2-1 win over Mark Morris.