The Camas volleyball team will take an undefeated record into 4A Greater St. Helens League play on Tuesday after a 3-0 win at West Linn, Ore., on Monday.
The Papermakers won 25-19, 25-23, 25-21 against the third-place team from Oregon’s Class 6A Three Rivers League.
Kendall Mairs had a double-double of 11 kills and 10 assists plus nine digs for Camas (5-0).
Halle Reiter led the Papermakers with 16 digs, and Mia Thorburn led with 15 assists.
Camas opens league play at home vs. Skyview on Tuesday and then goes to Union on Thursday.
Stars of the day
- Grady Millar, Mountain View boys golf, earned medalist honors with a 3-under-par 32 at Lewis River in the Thunder’s win over Battle Ground.
- Mather Minnis, Washougal boys golf, shot 1-under 69 over 18 holes at Orchard Hills to help the Panthers beat Columbia River by three strokes, plus Hockinson and Woodland.
- Sophia Tumelty and Victoria Ross, Union slowpitch, both drove in runs with doubles in the top of the ninth inning as the Titans beat Evergreen 9-6.
- Savannah McMurtry, Evergreen slowpitch, was 4 for 4 with a double, home run and three RBI for the Plainsmen in the extra-innings loss to Union.
- Aurora Wiley, Columbia River slowpitch, went 2 for 3 with a double, home run and two RBI in the Rapids’ 13-0 win over Battle Ground/Heritage.
- Stevie Jones, R.A. Long slowpitch, was 2 for 3 with a double, three RBI and two runs scored in an 11-1 win over Camas.