Reported house fire location
Firefighters doused a blaze in east Vancouver that started Monday evening when a child knocked over a lamp.
The fire was reported at 5:33 p.m. at 14116 N.E. 13th St., a duplex south of Evergreen High School. When firefighters arrived, a few people were using garden hoses to try to put out the fire in the west unit.
The fire started when a child accidentally knocked over a lamp that then ignited the living room couch, according to Vancouver firefighter Charlie Schmidt.
Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire, which was contained to the living room.
Due to the smoke damage throughout the unit, four occupants were displaced by the fire, Schmidt said. There was no damage to the other unit.