Fire ignites in outdoor sauna

By Emily Gillespie, Columbian Breaking News Reporter

Published:

 

Radiant heat from a sauna caused a fire at an outbuilding in Vancouver’s Image neighborhood.

The 320-square-foot wood-fueled sauna sustained $17,000 worth of damage in the fire, reported at 11:17 p.m. Monday at 12505 N.E. 39th St., according to Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli. The fire appears accidental and spread after the radiant heating source ignited nearby combustible materials, Scarpelli said.

Don't Do Stupid Stuff Mugs