Kendal Spencer had two goals and Savannah Harshbarger added another as the Prairie girls soccer team kept its perfect 3A Greater St. Helens League record intact with a 3-2 road victory over Kelso in a battle of the league’s unbeaten teams Thursday.
The Falcons (6-4-1 overall, 5-0-0 league) had two of their three goals after halftime when they held a 1-0 edge over the Lassies. Kelso felt into a second-place tie with Mountain View (3-1-1) with the loss.
Jennah Farrell had six saves in goal for Prairie.
Stars of the day
• Dante Heitschmidt, Prairie boys golf, earned medalist honors firing a 38 at The Cedars on Salmon Creek to help the Falcons defeat Kelso 164-187 to win the 3A GSHL title.
• Anthony Chae, Skyview boys golf, shot a 2-under 35 at Tri-Mountain to help the Storm win their nonleague match over Mountain View, 162-166.
• Claire Dougherty, Skyview girls soccer, posted six saves to earn the shutout in the Storm’s 2-0 4A GSHL victory over Heritage.
• Delaney Nicoll, Ridgefield volleyball, had 14 assists, seven kills and four blocks to help the Spudders keep pace in the 2A GSHL volleyball race with a sweep of Columbia River.
• Keelie LeBlanc, Camas volleyball, had 19 kills and 11 digs to help the Papermakers stay atop the 4A GSHL standings by sweeping Battle Ground.
• Dana Snider, King’s Way Christian volleyball, posted 39 digs to go along with six kills in a four-set loss to White Salmon.
• Isabelle Morales, Union girls soccer, had a goal and two assists in the Titans’ 5-0 shutout of Mountain View.
• Jessie Larson, Washougal girls soccer, had nine saves in goal, as the Panthers upset second-place Hockinson, 2-1.
• Lainne Wilkins, Prarie volleyball, her 30 assists and seven digs helped the Falcons sweep Kelso in a battle of 3A GSHL unbeatens.