Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Dec. 14.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- KATELYN EPPERLY, SKYVIEW GYMNASTICS: Epperly won the all-around with a score of 35.9 after winning on bars, beam and floor.
- MASON OBERG, UNION GIRLS BASKETBALL: Oberg averaged 20 points a game in three wins for the Titans, including hitting eight 3-pointers in a win over Bay.
- LIAM NOFTSKER, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS SWIMMING: Noftsker swam state qualifying times in the 200 individual medley, 100 backstroke and 100 butterfly last week.
- ROSE UGBINADA, FORT VANCOUVER GIRLS BOWLING: Ugbinada average 198 over six games, including four games of 200 or better.
- JASON WILCOX, PRAIRIE BOYS WRESTLING: Wilcox won the 145-pound division title at the Wilfong Class in Puyallup with three pins.