• Extending Northeast 104th Avenue, from its current T-shaped intersection on the north side of Mill Plain Boulevard, to the south and looping it east to connect with Southeast Second Street and Southeast 105th Avenue.
• Removing the traffic signal at Mill Plain Boulevard and Southeast 105th Avenue, which is less than 200 feet from the signalized intersection at Mill Plain Boulevard and Southeast 104th Street, so the intersection will become right in-right out only.
• Closing Southeast 107th Avenue just south of Mill Plain Boulevard.
• Building a short median on Mill Plain Boulevard, from Northeast 104th Avenue to east of Southeast 105th Avenue.
• Improving pedestrian access, traffic signals, stormwater facilities and street lighting.
• Resurfacing Mill Plain Boulevard, from Northeast 104th Avenue east to Chkalov Drive.
In early March, work is expected to start along Southeast 104th Avenue and Southeast Second Street. Construction hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Beginning in April, construction is expected to begin on Mill Plain Boulevard. To reduce driver disruption, this work will primarily be done at night.
Mill Plain Boulevard will remain open during construction, although drivers should expect lane closures and delays. There also may be closed crosswalks and temporary pedestrian detours.
More background on the project, including a map showing upcoming improvements, is available on the city’s website, www.cityofvancouver.us/millplain-104.