Here are the nominees for the Week 1 high school football player of the year.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Wednesday, with results announced in Thursday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the player-of-the-week may not be nominated again this season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- AUSTIN CHARTERS, COLUMBIA-WHITE SALMON: Charters rushed for 249 yards and three touchdowns, caught a touchdown pass and had an interception in the Bruins’ overtime loss at Seton Catholic.
- TOM LAMBERT, LA CENTER: The quarterback passed for 373 yards and seven touchdowns and rushed for another 100 yards in a win over Fort Vancouver.
- AUSTIN MCQUILLIAMS, CASTLE ROCK: The senior rushed 187 yards and three touchdowns and returned a fumble 40 yards for a touchdown in the Rockets’ win over Goldendale.
- JAROD OLDHAM, HOCKINSON: The quarterback completed 19 of 25 passes for 259 yards and five touchdowns in a win over R.A. Long.
- LANCE STUCK, SETON CATHOLIC: The junior caught two touchdown passes, including the game-tying TD in overtime, and he intercepted two passes in the Cougars’ overtime win against Columbia-White Salmon.